The National Centre for Family Hubs (NCFH) hosted a webinar on Best Start for Life and Family Hubs on 19th January 2022.
The event explored how family hubs can support the delivery of effective start for life services during the critical 1,001 days. The programme included:
- An update on the work of the Start for Life Unit from the Rt Hon. Dame Andrea Leadsom DBE MP, Government Early Years Healthy Development Adviser
- An overview of the evidence on the importance of the first 1001 days and delivering integrated maternity and early years services.
- An interactive panel session to explore implementation challenges and learning from local areas, including methods of introducing families to hubs, co-locating start for life workforces in family hubs, start for life workforces transitioning to whole family working within a hub approach, and integrating start for life service delivery models.
- An interactive session to explore the six services within a Universal Offer as envisaged by the Best Start for Life: Vision for the 1,001 Critical Days, what could be delivered through a family hub and how.
- Julia Mayes, Programme Manager – National Centre for Family Hubs, Anna Freud Centre (chair)
- Rt Hon. Dame Andrea Leadsom BPE MP, Government Early Years Healthy Development Adviser
- Dr Kirsten Asmussen, Head of What Works, Child Development, EIF
- Ben Lewing, Assistant Director, Policy & Practice, EIF
- Molly Hogan, Family Hubs Policy Lead, Start for Life Unit, DHSC
- Phil Dawkins, Start for Life Offers Policy Lead, Start for Life Unit, DHSC
- Carly Bain, Service Manager Isle of Wight and Regional Co-ordinator for Family Hubs – South East
- Holly Holmes, Strategic Transformation Lead, Westminster LA
- Vicki Walker, Development Manager, Blackpool Better Start LA
- Sue Davies, Early Days (1001 Days) Team Manager, Doncaster LA
Subscribe to our newsletter
Family Hubs in Mind is our free newsletter, circulated monthly, and will share news from our members, latest events and resources.